Dallan LP Operations Supervisor
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor will ensure compliance of the organization’s health & safety program, environmental management system and all aspects of an efficient and productive operation. The Operations Supervisor will manage all personnel and day to day business activities.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are followed and that training is in place for all employees.
- Take a proactive and progressive approach to Health & Safety management, constantly investigating new methods of eliminating and/ or reducing hazards and workplace injuries.
- Responsible for the general supervision of all Dallan employees working at the site, includes performance management, corrective actions and all scheduling and payroll functions.
- Ensure all production targets are met.
- Ensure effective cost control measures are followed in order to meet budgetary targets.
- Act as main liaison with customer at the site level.
- Record all environmental spills, take all necessary actions as per customer and MOE protocols.
- Interact with union representatives for any employee and labour relations issues.
- Complete all pertinent reports
- Complete other duties as required
- Previous supervisory experience in an industrial environment.
- Previous experience working with heavy equipment and/ or forestry.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards, Spill Reporting procedures (MOE)
- Must possess problem solving techniques and ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills (team building, negotiations, communication, motivation)
- Adequate computer skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Forestry, Operations Management, Heavy Equipment Operation/ Maintenance or similar would be considered as asset.
Dallan offers competitive wages, full benefit plan which includes medical, dental, disability, life insurance and define contribution pension plans.
If interested: Please apply, in confidence, by emailing resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 22, 2018
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.