Rainy River District Social Services Admin Board Receptionist - Contract Part time
Committed to meeting the needs of the community by providing services with care,integrity,and accountability, the Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board (RRDSSAB) delivers Early Learning and Child Care, Ontario Works, Social Housing, Land Ambulance and other services for all organized municipalities and unincorporated areas within the geographic District of Rainy River. The Rainy River District covers an area of approximately 15,487 sq. kilometers and has a population of 20,110 (2016 Census). It is bordered on the north by the Kenora District, on the east by the
Thunder Bay District, on the south by Minnesota, USA and on the west by the Province of Manitoba
The RRDSSAB is seeking a part-time Receptionist to join our team on an interim basis for a period of approximately nine (9) months. This is a 17.5 hours/week contract position in Atikokan which is anticipated to commence in April, 2018.
Reporting to the Director of Integrated Services, the Receptionist is responsible for handling customer inquiries, scheduling appointments, processing incoming/outgoing mail, ordering office supplies, developing forms/publications, operating postage meter/telephone system,opening/closing the office, and receiving/processing program information and payments. This position provides a variety of clerical support to all staff.
- Grade 12 diploma with a minimum of 1 year of work-related experience and the ability tounderstand routine work procedures.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exercise courtesy, tact, discretion and persuasion.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work within a computerized environment
- Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload, as appropriate.
- Ability to exercise integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively, and responsibly with minimal supervision, and within a team environment.
Candidates who meet or exceed the requirements for this challenging position are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter, including three work-related references, no later than 12:00 noon (CST) on Friday, March 23, 2018 to:
B.HRLR, CHRL, Human Resources Officer
Rainy River District Social Services Administration Board
450 Scott Street
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1H2
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
or emailed to:
The RRDSSAB wishes to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The RRDSSAB is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This document is available in an alternative format, upon request.
March 23, 2018
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.