Resolute - Atikokan Sawmill Maintenance Electrician
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Electrician for our Atikokan Sawmill; one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America.
The Maintenance Electrician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill related equipment.
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all electrical maintenance operations
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
- You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Shift work will be required
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Industrial or Construction Electrician certification
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
- Strong PLC’s and Control background;
- Exceptional electrical analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Competent in the use of test equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems;
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
- Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record
Requisition ID 7002
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON / International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit <a style="\" href="\" cursor:"="" data-cke-saved-href="\">http://www.atikokanchamber.com/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
August 31, 2018
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.