Resolute - Atikokan Sawmill Operations Coordinator
Job Description: Reporting to the Area Superintendent. Responsible for the operational planning and monitoring of wood harvest, road construction and road maintenance. Assists in the coordination of a safe, efficient, cost effective, environmentally compliant and sustainable Woodlands operation that delivers quality production and operational planning for the Forest.
- Assist wherever possible to ensure that the highest Safety standards are met or exceeded throughout the operation.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison with the Contractors Foresters and the Planning Forester
- Work cooperatively with all staff and harvest and road construction contractors to maximize operational efficiency and minimize cost
- Work collaboratively with contract foresters and planning forester to ensure AWS information is obtained in order to prepare the AWS submission.
- Work with contract foresters to determine any necessary FMP amendment and/or AWS revisions to sustain operations on the units
- Ensure compliance with all governmental and internal standards relative to safety, environment and utilization.
- Monitor and improve Forest Operations Inspection Reports as submitted by inspectors for harvest, access and water crossings on the forests
- Assist with departmental budgets to ensure good cost control systems
- Assist in developing FMP and AWS operating and road plans for both forests
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement program to maximize productivity
- Reinforce quality specifications with all employees and Contractors for all facilities whenever possible
- Assist in monitoring product quality (tree length,roundwood, chips & hog) to ensure customer needs are met.
- Monitor compliance with all Collective Agreements and strive for cooperative working relationships.
- Develop good working relationships with all governmental and public agencies
- Serve as the company representative on the Dog River Local Citizen’s Committee
- Ensure operational competence in all areas to provide vacation relief for Operations Coordinator or Superintendent
Requisition ID: 8842
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
For more information or to apply go to https://career4.successfactors.com/career
August 30, 2018
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.