Website Rainy River District School Board
Rainy River District School Board
Notice of Position
ETFO-ESP Bargaining Unit Members and External Applicants
Posting Number: 2324-132
Date: December 22, 2023
To: Members of ETFO-ESP and External Applicants
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Positions: 0.50 FTE Educational Assistant
Job Description: Attached
Location: McCrosson-Tovell School
Hours of work: 16.25 hours per week
Rate of pay: $23.83 to $24.40 per hour
Applications will be prioritized in the following order:
- ETFO-ESP members within the job classification
- ETFO-ESP members outside the job classification
- External applicants with the qualifications, skills and abilities for the position including casual staff
- ETFO-ESP members within the job classification who express interest in the position must do so in writing
- ETFO-ESP members outside the job classification must submit a cover letter, resume, and Reference Authorization Form including two references (one of which must be from a current or recent supervisor)
- Casual staff and external applicants must include a cover letter, resume, Non-Teaching Application Form and Reference Authorization Form including two references (one of which must be from a current or recent supervisor)
Please submit application documents, referencing the job positing number, to:
Human Resources Department
Rainy River District School Board
522 Second Street East
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1N4
Fax: (807) 274-1950
Email: [email protected]
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
For further clarification or questions please contact
Kari-Lynn Beckett, Principal, McCrosson-Tovell School 807-488-5587
Closing Date: Ongoing until vacancy filled.
Date: June, 2010
Position: Education Assistant
Employee Group: ESP (Educational Support Personnel)
- A Secondary School diploma or equivalent
- Educational Assistant Course preferred or two years experience in a related field
- Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function as a member of the team
- Flexibility to suit varied needs of students (learning, physical, behavioural needs)
- An attitude of respect and sensitivity towards students with varied background abilities, medical needs, behavioural needs, socio-economic and educational status
- Computer skills preferred
Under the supervision of the Principal, the Education Assistant is responsible to assist with the delivery of program to students with identified special needs as determined by the Classroom Teacher, Special Education Resource Teacher, Special Education Coordinator, Speech Language Pathologist and the Principal. The role of the Education Assistant will be influenced by t6he specific needs of the students. Training required to perform the duties of the position will be provided by the immediate supervisor(s) or other qualified personnel.
The Education Assistant is responsible to the Classroom Teacher, Special Education Resource Teacher, Special Education Coordinator, Speech Language Pathologist and the Principal.
- To maintain strict confidentiality of students and student records.
- To assist the teacher in the implementation and facilitation of the Individual Education Plan’s outlined programming accommodations and/or modifications.
- To assist and supervise the design and delivery of daily programs associated with the medical, academic, social, behavioural and psychomotor development of students with special needs.
- To assist in the provision of physical care and comfort for each student with special needs which may include any of the following:
- behavioural support and intervention
- lifting and positioning of the student
- assisting with mobility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, etc.
- general maintenance exercises.
- To ensure a safe environment through close supervision during arrivals, departures, lunch hour, recesses and in the classroom for students.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of instructional materials and equipment.
- To collaborate with school personnel, treatment teams and other professional staff from community agencies involved with student.
Conditions of Employment:
- Rainy River District School Board Policies and Procedures.
- Rainy River District ETFO Educational Support Personnel Collective Agreement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.