Website The Northwest Catholic District School Board
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING #22/23-21
10 Month Permanent Position
The Northwest Catholic District School Board is a system committed to Catholic Education. The Board serves the communities of Dryden, Fort Frances, Sioux Lookout, Atikokan and Stratton in Northwestern Ontario. The Board operates five elementary schools, serving a total of approximately 1300 students.
As a member of the Administrative Team, the incumbent will work from Atikokan and take a lead role in supporting children, familiars, teachers and administrators to enhance the overall functional and academic performance of our students by:
- Providing direct supervision and managing the work of the Board’s Child and Youth Workers
- Providing assessment and advocacy services for students and families
- Developing policies, procedures and protocols, including community and program development
- Providing conflict resolution and mediation supports with students, families and administrators
- Providing students with mental health risk assessments and interventions
- Providing direct counselling services to students either individually, or in group settings to cope with school, community or family situations
- Providing parenting strategies, resources ad referrals
- Providing classroom support and assistance with bullying and victimization, peer relationship or social skills
- Providing support to Principals, Administrators and other board staff
- Developing and overseeing a departmental budget
- Developing and providing in-service professional development to staff
- Providing child abuse supports and assistance
- Liaising with outside agencies and providing referral services
The successful candidate shall have:
- Completion of a postsecondary degree in a Social Work or related field
- Be certified to provide psycho-therapy/counselling to students
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) if applicable
- A solid grounding in the faith and moral principles of Catholicity
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with students in a school or similar setting
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Previous experience
- Superior interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position must submit:
- A covering letter and resume along with a Board Application Form for Non-Teaching staff
- Three (3) employment related references, one of the which must be your current supervisor with written authorization to contact references in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The posting close at 3:30pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
Interested applicants must submit the above to email@example.com via email only.
Only those individuals granted an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available during the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 807-274-2937 ext. 1225.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.