Website Greenstone Gold Mines
Greenstone Gold Mine L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Mine is seeking Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentices to join our team. Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice is responsible for following direction of Supervisors/Journeyperson HET’s in conducting repairs, overhauls, and new builds to mining related equipment. This position will employ reasoning in diagnosing and troubleshooting functions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting with equipment assemblies, preventative maintenance, repairs, and complete overhauls on heavy mining equipment according to schedule.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Interpret work order and technical manuals.
- Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety and follow all rules and legislation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willing to adapt and work in an inclusive work environment
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks
- Comfortable working at heights
- Motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Job tasks may be physically demanding lifting to 50lbs
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Enrolled in the Canadian Apprenticeship program, 3rd year
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
- Experience with Komatsu, CAT, Epiroc equipment is considered an asset
- Prior experience in an industrial setting – mine site experience is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- This position will be based in Geraldton, Ontario on a rotational basis.
Greenstone Mine provides company transportation from multiple pick-up points.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.equinoxgold.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.