Website New Gold
Requisition Id 6006 – Posted 01/16/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 14X14 rotation
Positions Reports To: Finance Controller
As part of the Finance Team, the Assistant Finance Controller is responsible for driving the execution of the financial process (including life of mine modelling and annual budget/forecast plans) employing critical analytical and strategic planning skills. Analyzing key performance indicators for operations and project groups and communicating results of analysis across various levels of management to facilitate key decision making.
- Responsible for the maintenance of effective budgeting, forecasting and long-term financial planning processes for the organization, including the life of mine modelling and annual budget/forecast plans
- Manage financial planning and forecasting details and inputs
- Development the Financial, Life of Mine Model
- Review and analyze financial reports, budgets, forecasts and documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance, and regularly report all variances
- Assist management in the reporting, review and analysis of departmental/organizational costs and performance
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management in decision making and determine progress against budgets
- Provide system support and data management for the Finance Team
- Create, build, and maintain reporting and streamline current reporting process to improve efficiency
- Manage the planning system to ensure that it meets dynamics operations needs
- Map and assess current state of teams, systems, and processes, aiming to identify pain points and inefficiencies and improving planning processes
- Create dashboards through BI tools to track and share progress and insights with the senior management
- Support quarterly external reporting discussion and internal board and senior management reporting requirements
- Guide cost analysis process by analyzing key performance indicators for operations and project groups, establishing, and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions
- Deliver thoughtful, detailed financial and economic analysis to identify options and recommendations to improve business unit profitability
- Perform financial analysis via various techniques and methodologies such as sensitive analysis and scenario analysis on an ad-hoc or regular basis to facilitate decision making and valuation creation initiatives
- Delivery of business & investment evaluations and commercial analysis in support of major studies, capital projects, and operations
- Assist in the monitoring of the capital and maintenance budget and planning
- Perform other duties as required
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or other related fields
- Professional accounting designation or working towards designation is required
- 5 to 10 years of experience in progressively senior Accounting/Finance/FP&A or analytical roles required, preferably with exposure to a capital-intensive or resource industry
- An analytical approach to work and a creative mindset to implement desire and passion to deliver outstanding service
- Exposure to ERP systems, preferably SAP & BPC
- Experienced in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Advanced in Excel
- Experienced in Business intelligent tools Power BI or other data analytics and visualization platforms considered an asset
- Strong analysis, communication and influencing skills across a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Exposure to business improvement methodologies an asset
- Prove ability to work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employments without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.