Website Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Employment Type: Term, 12 Month
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
ArcticCanadian is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic Canadian has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Production & Site Services Team, the Technician Assistant Process Plant will report to the Team Leader Processing and work a two (2) weeks on, two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Technician Assistant Process Plant will ensure the safe, clean, and stable operation of the process plant.
- Meet the daily production budget and forecast requirements by operating the plant within the safe operating envelop, helping the Production Team in breakdown situations, and helping to successfully restore normal operations
- Assist in operating, monitoring, and adjusting process equipment to optimize efficiency/productivity using field observations and a Human Machine Interface (HMI), and communicate effectively with other team members to ensure sharing of information
- Contribute to continuous improvement processes and adopt a Cost Conscious behaviour
- Actively support an environment of team work, trust, and mutual respect
- Always protect the sfaty and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in mining operations or industrial settings, and working at a remote site on a rotation basis is considered an asset
- Completion of the Mineral Processing Course through the Mine Training Society would be considered an asset
- Computer literacy with willingness to learn new compouter skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing demands and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to communicate clearly
What we offer
At Arctice, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why wer are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work. Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship position and adult education initiatives. One site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities.
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points. Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
To Apply: Please apply through our careers page and indicate in writing that you are an internal candidate.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For information on a new or existing job posting or if you need additional support, please contact the Recruitment Team at: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit arcticcanadian.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.