Website Rainy River District School Board
Rainy River District School Board Invites applications for the position of Casual Designated Early Childhood Educator
Posting Number: 2324-3
Date: July 18, 2023
Position: Casual Designated Early Childhood Educator
Hours of work: All casual personnel must be able to work on an on-call basis. Successful candidates will be placed on the School Casual List for casual, on-call work with no guarantee of hours of work.
Rate of pay: $21.18 per hour ($22.18 per hour as of September 1, 2023) as per the CUPE Collective Agreement
Human Resources Department
Rainy River District School Board
522 Second Street East
Fort Frances, ON P9A 1N4
Fax: (807) 274-1950
Email: [email protected]
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all applicants but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further clarification or questions please contact
Stefanie Berard, Human Resources Coordinator, 807-274-9855 ext. 4971
Closing Date: Ongoing Application Acceptance 2023-2024
Date: May 9, 2013
Position: Designated Early Childhood Educator
Employee Group: CUPE
- A Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma from an accredited CAAT or post-secondary institution
- Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function as a member of the team
- Computer skills preferred
Reporting to the Principal, the Designated Early Childhood Educator will partner with the Early Learning Program (ELP) teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning program within a classroom setting and provide supervision and age-appropriate programming for groups of students as part of the extended day program as required.
According to Bill 242, the Full Day Early Learning Statue Law Amendment Act (which amends the Education Act), the Designated Early Childhood Educator will coordinate and cooperate with the Early Learning Program Teacher in the design of programs and environments to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
The Designated Early Childhood Educator will report to the Principal/Vice Principal while partnering with and under the guidance of the Early Learning Program Teacher.
Implementation of program
- Support children’s development of oral language skills through modeling, attentive listening, individual play experience, conversations and questioning techniques in small groups and individual settings
- Lead small and large group learning activities and experiences
- Encourage and assist children to practice self-help skills
- Facilitate children with development of social skills and learning through play
- Use reflective listening to respond to children’s needs
- Provide positive guidance that encourages self-discipline in children
- Help plan and implement centers and child centered play experiences
- help develop and carry out a daily schedule that incorporates child-directed activities, care routines and transition times
- Share responsibility in following board policies to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment within the kindergarten classroom
- Help organize space, equipment and materials prior to learning activities
- Set reasonable behaviour expectations consistent with the Code of Conduct
- Help to identify students who may benefit from early intervention strategies and identify/provide appropriate resoruces/strategies
- Gather information for teacher use in assessment of individual children’s development by observing how children use the materials and interact with each other and adults
- Asist in collecting data using a variety of assessment tools
- Assist classroom teacher in using observations to expand play and plan activities
- Reflect on personal strengths and needs specific to the role of a Designate Early Childhood Educator
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with colleagues in the school
- Keep current with early childhood practices
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Under direction of the Principal participate in school events i.e. parent teacher interviews, kindergarten information meeting
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be punctual in accordance with school start times
- Dress in attire consistent with the school dress code
- Demonstrate effective and ongoing professional communication with parents/guardians regarding the development of their children including participation in parent/guardian – teacher interviews whenever possible
- Help create and maintain an atmosphere that is supportive to parents/guardians
- Participate in ongoing daily professional dialogue with the classroom teacher
- Other duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment:
- Rainy River District School Board Policies and Procedures
- General Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union Employees
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.