Rainy River District Women's Shelter of Hope
Casual Relief Workers
Rainy River District Women’s Shelter of Hope is seeking Casual Relief Workers. This position requires flexibility and a willingness to work shift work (12 hours day and night shift), with availability during the week and on weekends.
SALARY: $ 24.1 per hour
• To answer and respond to the crisis call and business line.
• To ensure the care and safety of all shelter residents. This includes the responsibility to provide the resident with the information and support that she requires to make her own, independent decisions and choices in a non-judgmental, non-denominating setting.
• To co-ordinate and supervise in-house activities, prepare meals and housekeeping duties.
• To complete all admissions, handle referrals and discharge of residents including all required documentation.
• To provide effective service and assistance to callers accessing the crisis line and be able to meet the needs of in-house residents, and advocate on behalf of the resident as required.
• Completion of a degree or diploma in the human services field would be an asset
• Preference will be given to candidates with a Social Services Diploma.
• Experience working with women who have been abused.
• Feminist analysis on violence against women issues.
• Excellent communications skills both verbally and written.
• Experience and knowledge in crisis intervention.
• The successful candidate must provide a clear vulnerable sector check. The Rainy River District Shelter of Hope will cover all cost incurred.
• Willing to train if your interested in working with families fleeing violence.
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications or interest
To: Tana Troniak at [email protected] or faxed to 807-597-6910.
Closing Date: Open till filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.