Website Lake Shore Gold, Pan American Silver
Lake Shore Gold
- Excellent opportunity to continue your career with an established industry leader
- Develop yourself professionally and contribute to a growing organization!
About the Organization
Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver, is located in Timmins, Ontario. The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a modern one thousand eighty metre deep shaft capable of forty-eight hundred tonnes per day.
For more information, please visit our website.
About Timmins, Ontario
Timmins is a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. People can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world-class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross-country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year – fairs, carnivals, concerts, and more!
About the Opportunity
Lake Shore Gold is seeking (1) 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Chemical or Mineral Process Co-op Student to support the Mill Department at our Bell Creek Mine site in Porcupine, ON. The placement will run from May 2024 to August 2025.
Responsibilities of the Chemical or Mineral Engineer Student include:
- Ensures all activities are in compliance with legislative, company and site regulations
- Enter data into the daily metallurgical file and issue the daily metallurgical report
- Responsible for mill sampling for the purposes of determining ore moisture content, plant circuit surveys, grind analyses, etc.
- Responsible for reagent inventory counts at month end and calculating the required charge-outs for the warehouse to process
- Maintain the cleanliness of the lab and order any equipment required for the lab or refinery
- Perform lab experiments including but not limited to size analysis, leach tests, carbon activity, and ETP tests.
- Become proficient at the mill refiner jobs
- Mix reagents required by mill operations and geology
- Special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
Please note that this role requires relocation to the Timmins area and is not a camp-based position.
More About You
Students must be currently enrolled in a mineral/chemical engineering program to be eligible. Proof of eligibility is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate Lake Shore Gold’s core values in Safety Health and the Environment and will meet the requirements of its Code of Conduct.
Students must have access to a vehicle or arrange car-pooling as public transportation is not available. Company provided living arrangements are available.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to take the next step toward your career goals with an industry leader – apply now!
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume by November 2, 2023:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Email: [email protected]
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request our candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ca.panamericansilver.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.