Website Greenstone Gold Mines
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Mine is seeking a Co-op Mining Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Short-Range Planning and Drill & Blast Engineer, the Co-op Mining Engineer is responsible to help us with the planning and drill & blast design of open pit in the early phases of mining.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Design drill patterns for our fleet of Pit Viper 235 and SmartROC D65 drills in Deswik mining software.
- Monitor the progress and quality of drilling and loading of patterns.
- Design both Nonel and Electronic blast sequences for loaded drill patterns using Dyno’s ViewShot3D software.
- Assist operations in controlling access during blasts in the field and film blasts using a flying drone.
- Document and evaluate the results of blasts.
- Assist the Short-Range planning engineer in the weekly update of 2-week mine plans.
- Assist in the Survey group in the processing and preparation of survey data.
- Communicate with both the engineering group and the operations group to transmit information, drawings and reports based on team members information.
- Follow proper document control to ensure information is organized and readily accessible.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Access an asset
- SharePoint an asset
- Experienced with any CAD sfotware
- Deswik an asset
- Experience in drill & blast design an asset
- Able-bodied enough to walk around a mine site with obstacles and rough terrain.
- Ready to work 12-hour days on a 2 weeks in/2 week out rotation (14 days work, 12 days off, plus 2 travel days per rotation)
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- 2nd-year student or above, currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering
- At least 1 previous work experience at a mine site
- Open-pit mine site an asset
- Gold mine an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- This position based Geraldton, Ontario on a rotational basis.
Greenstone Mine provides company transportation from multiple pick-up point locations.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. WE encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.equinoxgold.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.