Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5832 – Posted 11/08/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in Beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: 7/7 – Split Shift 5-9 am, 5-9 pm
Position Reports To: Human Resources Manager
The Coach Bus Driver is responsible for transporting New Gold employees from our regular pick-up locations to and from the mine site on a daily basis. We have the need for two casual drivers to cover a range of schedules.
- East end of District Position – Fort Frances to Mine
- Pick up our New Gold Employees in Fort Frances and/or Emo and transports them to our mine site in Blackhawk, according to the scheduled times as provided for in our shift rosters
- Maintains cleanliness inside and outside of the Coach including sweeping, garbage collection, and washing the interior and exterior on a regular basis
- Performs pre-trip, En-route and post-trip inspections (ex. checks gas, oil and water levels) and oversees all aspects of the Coach
- Complies with all traffic regulations, ensuring that our employees have a smooth and safe ride
- Works without direct supervision and is fully responsible for the safety of the employees/passengers
- Parks vehicles safely at loading areas so that the employees/passengers can board
- Reports delays and/or accidents
- Carries out bus re-fueling
- Maintains logbook
- Communicates and interacts with supervisors and peers on a daily basis
- Grade 12 Diploma/GED is preferred but not essential
- Must have valid Class CZ Ontario approved Driver’s License
- Must meet Ontario driver medical and vision standards
- Possess a clean driver’s abstract
- Demonstrated leadership in safety is essential in this role
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Computer skills an asset
- Aptitude for mechanics with the ability to handle large vehicles
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to think and act decisively
- Physically fit with the ability to perform physical labour
- Accuracy in recording details
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicied and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.