Website Atikokan Employment Centre
To further assist Atikokan and the surrounding area, the Atikokan Employment Centre is currently seeking an intern Community & Employment Access Facilitator. The focus of the internship will be to promote Atikokan as an exceptional community to work, live, play and raise a family. Additionally, the intern will assist area employers with their recruitment efforts and proactively increase awareness of services provided within the community of Atikokan and area.
If you are creative, dynamic, and outgoing individual who possesses excellent customer service, promotional and marketing skills we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Publisher, Power Point and Excel
- Digital skills needed for website development and to effectively interact with social media related to community, employer and service provider promotional activities
- Post Secondary education related to human resources and/or marketing with knowledge of the health/social service sectors
- Knowledge of local employers/business activities and the needs of the area labour market
- Understanding of local resources and services that positively impact the social determinants of health
- Able to support and collaborate with area employers to assist in identifying training needs and implementing strategies for recruiting necessary human resources
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Good oral and written communication skills needed to interact with others effectively, tactfully and respectfully
- Knowledge of web based/social media job advertisement methods and job seeking web sites
- Understanding of Employment Ontario programs and resources available to program participants and employers
- Able to develop an understanding of immigration and effectively interact with related service providers
- Suicide prevention training and basic understanding of motivational interviewing techniques would be considered an asset
- Able to strictly adhere to relevant confidentiality legislation (PIPEDA, PHIPA)
- Open to learning and participating in training related to the development of new skills and abilities
Terms of Employment
1 year F/T contract with possibility of extension
Anticipated rate of pay – $21.00/hr. + 4% in lieu of benefits
Work Hours – 35 hours per week occurring mostly on weekdays
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining how your skills and abilities fit this employment opportunity by March 31, 2023.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
Submit Cover Letters and Resumes to:
Atikokan Employment Centre
214 Main Street West, P.O. Box 116
Attn: Brad Beyak
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.