Website New Gold
Requisition ID 6125 – Posted 03/13/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 14/14 FIFO – 12 hour shifts
Position Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
The Contract Specialist role leads the sourcing of materials and services from retail and wholesale vendors to sustain site operations. This role plans, directs and manages all operations related to strategic procurement and contract placement activities. The Contracts Specialist works to save the company money by evaluating bids and finding discounts and wholesale rates. They combine purchasing power of multiple mine sites (where possible) to obtain the necessary supplies and services needed to operate efficiently.
The Contracts Specialist role is mainly concerned with long term relationship development as well as developing and implementing sound procurement strategies. This function develops the agreements and partnerships that will provide the highest quality goods/services at the lowest possible total cost of ownership and evaluates vendors based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability and selection variety.
- Reviews and issues request for bids/request for quotes based on site requirements
- Develop demand planning schedule to proactively manage yearly contract requirements
- Negotiate contracts and develop strategic partnerships
- Primary contact for vendors for all negotiation activities
- Identify and select vendors/suppliers for contract or strategic partnership development
- Identify and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure vendor buy-in for long-term relationships
- Manage vendor performance management program
- Meet with suppliers for performance reviews& negotiate terms for future requirements
- Develop and negotiate Outline and Scheduling Agreements with all vendors
- Develop and manage service level agreements
- Manage Contracts including but not limited to Contract Schedules, expiring Contracts and Contract Management Programs
- Provides oversight of sourcing new requirements and facilitation of SOW and RFx development with key customers
- Analyze, identify and develop Strategic Sourcing Opportunities (e.g. Volume Levels, Supplier Consolidation, cross site consolidation (When Possible), Input Costs, Market analysis, cost parameters, and QA/QC issues)
- Collaborate with Functions to assess Strategic Sourcing Plans/Opportunities
- Responsible for managing Suppliers through tasks such as coordinating Supplier Onboarding, evaluating Supplier Performance, and working towards Supplier Alliances
- Support Risk Assessment for Contract Management
- Optimize contract spend and vendor performance to provide the company with the lowest possible
- Develop, implement and facilitate management of contractor management plans
- Review, approve and oversee compliance to Contracts and Sourcing SAP work instructions
- Develop Change Management plan for continuous improvement of departmental performance
- Monitor and Improve upon key Sourcing and Contracts KPI;s
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, health, confidentiality and environmental policies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a contracting environment with direct experience in preparation and negotiation of complex, high value contracts
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using SAP would be an asset
- In-depth Business system knowledge (Management operating systems, planning, performance management, etc.)
- Contracts, Procurement or Supply Chain certification (as applicable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and business acumen
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Good judgement, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated success in building trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the local community, indigenous groups, employees, colleagues and service providers/contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field would be an asset
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Apply here: Career Opportunities: Contract Specialist – 14/14 (5487) (sapsf.com)
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.