Website Ontario Health
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity!
As a member of the Partnering for Quality team, the Health Coach is responsible for supporting health service providers across Ontario Health (South West geography) to optimize the use of technology and information management, facilitating improvement initiatives, transfer of learning, on-site coaching and performance monitoring.
The Digital Health Coach will support users to ensure optimized use of Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) in the primary care setting and effective use of EMRs/Client Records within broader health system settings (integrated technology).
The Digital Health Coach participates in and demonstrates an understanding of quality, risk and patient safety principles and practices, following all safe practices and procedures to support a safe patient and working environment.
Here is what you will be doing:
- As a subject matter expert provide new and ongoing training, education, coaching and mentorship to Health Service Provider (HSP) organizations to build capacity through the creation of EMR champions to optimize the use of EMR/Information Management tools and to improve the delivery of care and enhance participation in projects focused on health service delivery
- As a change agent, lead stakeholders through change using a variety of quality methodologies to drive improvements related to information management and technology
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to foster collaborative opportunities
- Patient Safety – an integral part of all jobs at OH (SW Geography)
- Maintains a daily focus on patient safety as everyone’s responsibility
- Complies with patient safety initiatives, e.g. hand hygiene protocols
- Keeps alert to patient hazards and takes prompt action to eliminate unsafe conditions, e.g. not exposing patients or co-workers to your illness
- Reports incidents or near misses to appropriate management by using ETMS, an organizational adverse event reporting system
- Encourages and supports patients and families to be actively involved in their health care; e.g. asking questions to ensure clear understanding
- Advocates for safe, quality patient care by making safety improvement suggestions and promoting safety initiatives
- Staff Safety – an integral part of all jobs at Ontario Health (SW Geography)
- Complies with Ontario Health Code of Conduct, Occupational Health and Safety Act, applicable regulations and procedures, e.g. wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Keeps alert to possible job hazards and takes prompt action to eliminate unsafe conditions
- Participates in health and safety orientation, education and training and stays informed about safety requirements
- Advocates for a safe work environment by making safety improvement suggestions and promoting safety initiatives
Here is what you will need to be successful:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience in a related field (Information Management/Information Technology/Clinical expertise preferred)
- Experience in a lead facilitator role utilizing high-end conceptual skills to quickly assess a situation and come to a clear plan
- Experience in a project management role
- Solid understanding of Integrated Health Services Plan
- Good understanding of service Ministry Priorities
- Demonstrated experience working with electronic record systems in healthcare – specifically EMR workflows within a primary care setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering training modules to healthcare providers about information management concepts and the use of technology
- Experience with Ontario Health (SW Geography) business strategies, objectives,
- priorities and programs, and related Partnering for Quality program priorities and plans
- Good understanding of healthcare service delivery models and emerging issues and priorities
- Solid understanding of the evolving role of primary care and Ontario Health (SW Geography) within the healthcare sector
- Extensive knowledge of client-driven care frameworks and patient experience strategies and tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care activities
- In-depth knowledge of effective project management frameworks and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of primary care delivery models in Ontario
- Good knowledge of Primary Care, Ontario Health (SW Geography), Hospital, Community Support Sector, and Mental Health Addictions Sector priorities, policies, practices, and service standards
- Competent user of analytic, MS Office and MAC/Apple business software
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Power Point, Ontario Telehealth Network (OTN)
- Experience using project management tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Office, HealthChat, base camp, eclipse, etc.)
- Proficient in mathematics
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills including facilitating and leading group sessions, coaching, mentoring and guiding teams and individuals to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment by taking initiative, requiring little supervision and including colleagues as necessary
Ability to communicate complex and technical information to a variety of stakeholders in a concise, professional and suitable manner
Ability to engage others through mentorship and coaching in order to support collaborative teams and utilize member’s strengths to achieve optimum performance. Builds and maintains strong communication channels among all stakeholders and facilitates discussions to ensure understanding, alignment and progression with regard achieving organizational goals.
Uses curiosity and the spirit of inquiry and innovation to draw on knowledge and experience from others during root cause analysis in order to lead change effectively. Future thinking with the ability to analyze and interpret data to identify trends and risks and develop contingency plans in order to maximize change management success.
Solid knowledge of effective quality improvement frameworks and methodologies including Lean, Six-Sigma, Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Model for Improvement, etc
Solid understanding of the basic and advanced functionality of EMR systems in order to optimize use
Demonstrates solid understanding of data standardization/data integrity
Knowledge of primary, acute, community and Long-Term Care settings, Ontario’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Framework, blueprint and IHSP, Ministry of Health and eHealth Ontario priorities, the emerging and evolving role of provincial quality improvement organizations and initiatives (Health Quality Ontario (HQO) and related Quality improvement organizations)
Ability to lead oneself in a focused, results oriented manner while demonstrating: awareness of impact to others, an interest to seek out new opportunities for learning and growth, the ability to accept responsibility, reflect and learn from mistakes while remaining flexible and effective in rapidly changing situations.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience of the project management role and its related principles
Knowledge and demonstrated experience of the change management role and its related principles
Demonstrated sound critical thinking, judgement and problem solving skills
Always seeks out opportunities for new collaborative partnerships and/or projects in order to strengthen partner and stakeholder relationships and ultimately improve patient care.
Actively seeks data and feedback from various sources regarding service delivery and satisfaction, able to garner support and buy-in to mobilize commitment and resources to continuously improve practices and procedures.
Ability to set, monitor, achieve, evaluate and report on realistic performance and project goals that align with the organizations Vision, Mission and Values to support excellence in patient care. Able to continually evolve, adjust self and team priorities, identify gaps in skills, service or resources and take corrective action as necessary to achieve agreed upon metrics or outcomes.
Manages multiple, large projects or facilitates complex discussions that involve stakeholders from across the healthcare sector who have varying interests/goals
Manages multiple priorities as circumstances and information change frequently
Advice and guidance provided by the position can influence decisions and actions that have an impact on South West Health Service Providers, as well as public image and goodwill
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Team: Partnering for Quality
Number of Openings: One (1)
Salary: Starting at $73,309 (related experience may be credited to a maximum on the appropriate salary range as determined by the employer)
Employment Location: South Western Ontario (Stratford, Woodstock, London, St. Thomas, Owen Sound) (currently virtual; subject to change). All applicants must be a resident of Ontario to be considered for roles at Ontario Health.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, Applicants must confirm that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. If Applicants are not Fully Vaccinated, they will be asked to identify any accommodation needs to a protected ground under the Code. If no such accommodation is identified, the Applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.
Please address applications to Matthew Slaney, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.