Website Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic Canadian has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Surface Mining Team, the Equipment Operator – Haul Truck will report to the Surface Mining Team Leader and work two (2) weeks on, two (2) off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Equipment Operator – Haul Truck will ensure the safe and efficient operation of 100t and 180t Caterpillar haul trucks in a complex surface mining environment. The successful candidate will work in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the haul trucks
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system
- Successfully use an electronic production data collection system (WENCO)
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment logbooks
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating 100t and 180t Caterpillar haul trucks
- Experience working in a mining or industrial setting
- Working knowledge of an electronic production data collection system (i.e., WENCO) and basic computer literacy, with a willingness to learn new computer skills
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce y offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities.
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife and other northern fly point.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This is an ongoing posting and resumes will be considered as vacancies become available.
To apply for this job please visit arcticcanadian.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.