Website Kenora Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
Kenora Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
Salary – $40,083 – $52,197 a year
Application Details – Cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
The Family Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist child protection staff in meeting the needs of clients and supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance family reunification.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Under the direction of the Supervisor and in conjunction with Child Welfare Workers, the Family Support Practitioner is responsible for providing para-professional support services to assist Child Protection staff in meeting the needs of clients
- Supporting initiatives to keep children with their families and/or enhance family reunification
- Some scheduling duties will be included with this position
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, and agency policies and procedures
- Expected to work closely with families to assist them in caring for their children
- Demonstrating and modeling practical parenting skills, assessing and providing feedback on parent-child interactions in the home or during family access visits, providing information about community resources and assisting families in accessing such resources, and any other tasks that helps the parent and/or child address identified concerns
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in Social Services, Social Work, or Child/Youth Worker. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle with an OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1,000,000 Liability
- Clear criminal reference check, clear vulnerable sector check, and a driver’s abstract
Please submit a resume with a letter of application quoting the position number to: HR@krrcfs.ca
Human Resource Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Fax No. (907)467-5539 ATT: HR
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To support the health and safety of our Staff, Children and families, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against VOCID-19 with all valid, required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada before hire. KRRCFS will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons, or any other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
About Kenora Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services:
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is a non-profit community organization funded by the Government of Ontario, legally mandated to protect children and youth from abuse and neglect through the Child and Family Services Act.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.