Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian pure play palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world-class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real-time mine management and automation. At LDI we employ over 580 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio and dedicated employees, Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Superintendent, the successful candidate will work a seven (7) day on seven (7) day off rotation, responsible for leading and directing the Fixed Plant Maintenance crews, while ensuring they work in a safe and productive manner at Lac des Iles Mine.
- The application of maintenance practices in alignment with Lac des Iles Mine business objectives
- Maintenance strategies and production goals
- Daily execution of maintenance activities on all fixed plant equipment
- Implement and execute maintenance plans in a rapidly changing mining environment
- Facilitates the safety of staff, the environment, while communicating on a regular basis about equipment performance including availability, reliability, repeated problems and cost
- Works closely with the Planner and other Supervisors using a team approach to solve problems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Inter-provincial Millwright COQ
- Minimum 7 years experience with Industrial stationary equipment preferably mining
- Minimum 2 years experience in Maintenance or Operations in a supervisory role
- Underground common core would be an asset
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Possess an aptitude for quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively with others
- Possess effective coaching, mentoring delegating and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Miens Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.