Website Atikokan General Hospital
Rate of Pay: $28.42-$39.35 (additional compensation for on-call)
Department: Mental Health & Addictions
Shift/Rotation #: Monday-Friday
Reference #: 2022-28
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Under the direction of the Manager of Mental Health and Addictions, the Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor provides individual, group or family counselling to individuals 16 years of age and older who are experiencing difficulties in areas of emotion/mental health, or are concerned about their own or others’ substance use or process addictions. Services provided include: individual, group or family counselling; arranging psychiatric consultations; crisis intervention and suicide prevention; drug, alcohol and gambling assessments (ages 12 and up); referral to residential treatment; community treatment and relapse prevention, as appropriate. The Mental Health Counsellor will also provide emergency support on a rotating on-call basis.
- Active registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Counselling
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree preferred
- At least 5 years relevant clinical experience
- Able to do the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals and families with mental illness and addictions
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of the Addiction Cycle, Concurrent Disorders; Harm Reduction and Relapse Prevention, Empowerment model, Family Systems, Trauma, Stress and other models used in the field
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination
Apply with resume and cover letter – quoting the reference number
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-1210
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encourage to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.