Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5850 – Posted 10/12/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold produce, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 14/14 or 7/7 – 12-hour days
The role of the Mechanic is to ensure effective operation of various mine equipment by maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing components where required and to carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain and repair mine equipment
- Maximize equipment availability through efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs
- Perform preventative maintenance such as inspections, lubricating, oil changes and failure analysis
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and carryout necessary repairs including major component replacement and repair or rebuild
- Comply with all Safety, Health and Environmental and other policies, procedures and requirements
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Ensure work order discipline requirements within SAP
- Journeyman Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- SAP or similar CMMS experience
- Microsoft Office program operation and application skills
- Experience with AC drive rock trucks, and hydraulic face shovels
- Komatsu & Caterpillar experience
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent safety record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Extended health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Relocation allowance or camp accommodations if required
- Travel Allowance if required
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.