Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P-T 1C0
Department: Human Resources (HR00)
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of HR & Safety Supervisor, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of HR & Safety Supervisor for our Atikokan Sawmill; one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America
Would you describe yourself as a coach? Would you like to be involved in creating a work environment that encourages your team members to constantly exceed expectations? Can you demonstrate a high degree of dedication to achieve results and take action rapidly while managing multiple priorities? If so, this position will offer you rewarding challenges and opportunities.
As HR & Safety Supervisor, you will act as a key change agent providing support and direction for Human Resources, Labour Relations and Health & Safety management for the Atikokan Sawmill by performing the following duties:
- Provide support to Operations Management & Supervisory group on Labour Relations and Health & Safety issues.
- Coordinate the hourly recruitment and selection process for Atikokan Sawmill.
- Leadership in Health and Safety related policy, procedure development and certification programs.
- Responsible for management of all manpower and scheduling issues for the Atikokan Sawmill.
- Provide support and information to operations for progressive work systems and labour contract management.
- Provide support and conduct research in order to assist in grievance resolution.
- Communicate with and provide support to payroll.
- Assist with the management of employee safety training, development programs, safety committees, and provide support on all disability management and return to work programs.
- Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, Atikokan Sawmill, you will be part of a dynamic team to which you will contribute vital skills.
- Bachelor of Human Resources or related field an asset
- Five years of equivalent experience with a large publicly, traded manufacturing company
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to quickly make sound decisions based on experience and judgement even when the information available is incomplete and/or you are under pressure
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong sourcing, recruiting and staffing capabilities
- Experience using data and metrics to identify and address HR issues and trends
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and issue resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including making presentations to leaders and teams
- Understanding of federal and provincial environment laws
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/).
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.