Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5332 – Posted 09/27/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: 5/2, 4/3 – 9 hour days
Position Reports To: HR Superintendent
As a member of the New Gold Rainy River team, this is an opportunity for an entry level professional with post-secondary education to join and learn the working of Human Resources within a mining setting. The successful incumbent must be indigenous. This role is a temporary 1 year contract.
- Provide administrative support to the team such as filing, scanning, entering and processing invoices, and drafting employment verification letters
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with employees by ensuring a sense of confidentiality, mutual trust, concern, respect and teamwork
- Facilitate new hire orientations
- Provides support in scheduling and organizing HR training, presentations
- Attend career fairs
- Maintain organizational charts and HR Page on the Sharepoint
- Maintain employee files which includes scanning and uploading documentation in their files
- Assist with, plan and execute HR initiatives and participate in HR Projects
- Exposure to various HR areas
- High School Diploma or GED
- Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and produce high quality to work within time constraints
- Excellent multi-tasking skills – able to prioritize
- Analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Takes initiative and ownership for work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a performance-based incentive plan
- Exte4nded health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.