Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Norther Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Remote Camp Steward
- Working a four (4) day on/three (3) day off rotation, reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing oversight to our camp service provider
- Scope and Responsibilities
- Liaise with camp service provider regarding daily issues that arise
- Respond to concerns regarding repairs and ensure appropriate departments have been notified and work orders are submitted and addressed
- Regular daily audits of all camp/out-building areas to ensure compliance with contract obligations and legislative requirements
- Work with service provider to review menu’s
- Liaise with Health Inspector during on site visits
- Document and maintain accurate records of audits
- Minimum of 3 years supervising in a remote camp setting
- Food Handling Certification
- Familiar with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Familiar with Ontario Food Services Regulations
- Valid Ontario Drivers license
- Familiar with room assignment software and/or willing to learn
- Must be focused, confident and observant
- Must be professional in both manner and appearance
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining composure
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of competitive wage, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Meals are provided while at the mine site.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.