Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Fixed Plant Reliability Engineer
Reporting to the Maintenance Planning and Reliability General Foreman, the successful candidate will work at the Lac des Iles mine site rotation to be determined.
- Responsible for the 2022 installation of our new online vibration monitoring
- Monitor and initiate actions on both live feed data and other leading indicators ie; vibration monitoring, oil sampling, NDT,UE and thermography, etc.
- Risk management, collect and analyze data to support and initiate predictive maintenance actions
- Collaborate to develop the predictive maintenance program
- Component tracking hrs. for rebuild, components failure follow-up with OEM, warranty tracking
- Prepare and Preform Pareto and RCFA reports on fixed plant equipment failures
- Preform FMEA to improve PM Program
- Involvement in Root cause analysis
- Provide expertise to assist with expanding digital wireless systems to further monitor equipment health
- Support the Maintenance & Operations teams for shutdown forecasting
- University Degree or trade qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or trade qualification or 5 years of maintenance/reliability experience in a mining and milling environment
- Background in Reliability Centered Maintenance including PDM, condition monitoring, criticality analysis, RCA, etc.
- Membership, or working toward a professional designation (Reliability Engineer, CMRP, CMRT, MMP, MLA, MLT, etc.)
- Understanding of equipment dynamics, machine maintenance and equipment information systems
- Ability to prioritize and plan – attention to both leading and lagging indicators requiring action
- Fluent in both oral and written English and proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD and CMMS and proven problem solver with various methodologies
- Technical writing skills, effective communication
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. For a limited time we are also offering a retention bonus for new hires. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.