Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P-T 1C0
Department: Maintenance (MN00)
Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every change to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of industrial Millwright Apprentice (3rd or 4th Year), Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
The Atikokan Sawmill, located East of Atikokan, Ontario enjoys a prime geographic location for Northwest Ontario; and direct access to its raw materials, which provides an advantage to ensure the sustainability of our operation.
Our facility is looking for qualified individuals to fill an Industrial Millwright Apprentice position. This is a permanent, full-time position.
We encourage both individual effort and teamwork, mutual aid, as well as occupational health and safety.
What you gain by working with us:
- A base salary of $28.26/$29.42 per hour
- Shift Premium of $.55 per hour
- Retention Payment
- The opportunity to work overtime paid at time and a half
- Benefits Package (health, dental, life insurance, disability, etc.)
- A RRSP retirement plan with employer contribution + Optional matching 2%
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses
- A personal and family assistance program
- A training and development support program
- A social club that offers you a wide range of activities to do with your colleagues and family
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Apply the required health and safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM’s, and updating the equipment database
- Perform preventive maintenance and carry out modification work on the various equipment
- Improve, optimize and diagnose different control, artificial vision power and servo systems
- Respond to production calls during downtime
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Industrial or Construction Millwright Apprentice certification
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in related industrial environment
- You uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You have recognized relational skills and you like teamwork
- You are available for mill 12 hour operational shift schedules
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! To be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more informatoin about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/).
The Atikokan region has many attractions:
- Admire the landscape for miles and discover the pleasures of gold, canoe/kayaking/boating, hiking, hunting, fishing, skiing or snowmobiling
- Little Falls Scenic Lookout; enjoy the view and feel the spray of the falls
- Quetico Provincial Park renowned for its rugged beauty, towering rock cliffs, majestic waterfalls, picturesque rivers and lakes
- Charleson Recreation Area: This area is great for riding, skiing, and biking
- Atikokan Bass Classic fishing tournament
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilitates, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.