Website West Fraser
Job Category: Maintenance & Skilled Trades
Requisition Number: JOURN010964
Posted: August 11, 2023
Barwick, ON P0W1A0, CAN
Travel Required: No
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Pipefitter will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the Oriented Strand Board Mill.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains, installs and repairs process lines, sprinkler systems, plumbing, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, and heating systems throughout our Oriented Strand Board Mill.
- Utilizes approved standards to facilitate maintenance and repairs to pressure vessels, heat exchangers, furnaces, piping and structures.
- Interprets drawings for layout, fabrication & installation of piping equipment.
- Prepares isometric drawings from field measurements for fabrication of piping systems.
- Fabricating piping systems, Tube bending, Valve installation and repair.
- Sets up and operates shop & field welding equipment.
- Performs welding on carbon steel, stainless steel utilizing a variety of techniques.
- Performs rigging and hoisting activities.
- Troubleshooting and execution of cross trade tasks based on capability and experience.
- Participates in regular safety activities with the mindset all accidents are preventable.
- Ensuring that all safety protocols and regulations to maintain a safe work environment. The ensure that pipe installations comply with plumbing codes, Building standards, fire codes and industry regulations. They may also conduct tests, such as Pressure tests, to check for system integrity and identify potential issues.
- Steamfitter/Pipefitter Red Seal Certification
- Welding Certificate; GMAW, TIG, SMAW
- Heavy Industry experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe work-place
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, the Barwick Mill is located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border. We are 45 Kilometers west of Fort Frances, Ontario and situated half-way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The lifestyle of the Rainy River District embraces outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country. Our communities are affordable, family friendly, safe, and prioritize a genuine work/life balance.
About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe.
We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities! Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca. Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.