Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5715 – Posted 08/03/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Junior Project Controller – 04/04 rotation – Camp & Travel Provided
About the Role
Schedule: Shift 14/14 – 12 hour days
Position Reports To: Project Services Superintendent
The Junior Project Controller will work under the direction of the Project Services Superintendent and is responsible for tracking and reporting cost and progress against established baseline budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for controlling and monitoring project total expenditure; verify and check equipment & material, supplier invoices, vendors and subcontractors, and timesheets for labour to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Prepare detailed estimates for annual budgets and forecasts as required
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which include variation reporting, progress monitoring, preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Monitor project activity scheduling and costing to ensure targets are being met
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize reports to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing, and delivery up to the closure of the project
- Ensure proper change management procedures are followed for any cost/scope deviations
- Coordinate and work with the Capital Projects team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery and completion of the project work
- Attend project meeting and discussions with the Capital Projects team and Contractors
- Perform project cost-related reporting; review on an as needed basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget
- Responsible for cost analysis (actual vs budget), and man-hour productivity reporting (earned vs burned)
- Work with Contractors, and Suppliers as necessary to ensure proper administration, costing, invoicing and close out for purchase orders and contracts
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly progress and financial reporting
- Various ad hoc reporting as requested by Management
- Any additional tasks as requested by your Supervisor
- Experience in a project environment with a finance and/or engineering background
- Strong analytical, and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with in depth knowledge and skill level of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare and present aesthetically pleasing project presentations for various audiences from project team members to the Board of Directors
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Good judgement, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in Primavera P6
- SAP, InEight and Microsoft Power BI considered to be assets
- Candidates will be required to participate in a comprehensive qualification process, including:
- Successful completion of pre-placement functional screen
- Provide proof of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in Canada
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Camp and Travel Allowance Provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.