Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P0T1C0
Department: Sawmill (SM00)
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Out Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Maintenance Millwright Apprentice (3rd or 4th year), Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Maintenance Millwright Apprentice (3rd or 4th Year), Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Millwright Apprentice at the 3rd or 4th year level. The Atikokan Sawmill is one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America and is located at Sapawe, Ontario.
The Maintenance Millwright Apprentice reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill related equipment.
- Participate in safety & environmental programs and ensure the application of our safety & environmental standards for all maintenance operations
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM’s, and updating the equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Shift work will be required
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright Apprentice
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills:
- Health, Safety & Environmentally conscious
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
- Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered
- A two-year Industrial Mechanics/Engineering Diploma or equivalent will be an asset
- Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Apply here: Maintenance Millwright Apprentice (3rd or 4th Year), Atikokan Sawmill (resolutefp.com)
Level 3 Apprentice @ $27.57, Level 4 Apprentice @ $28.71
Union: United Steel Workers (USW)
Shift Work: Required
We offer competitive compensation along with workplace benefits; we will consider relocation transitional assistance for candidates beyond 400km. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30 km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/).
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.