Website Resolute Forest Products
Resolute ID 5243 – Posted 07/18/2022 – Atikokan Sawmill (OATS) – Maintenance – Hourly – permanent – full-time – Canada – Ontario
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Maintenance Millwright, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Millwright for our Atikokan Sawmill; one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America.
The Maintenance Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modifications of all sawmill related equipment.
- Participate in safety & environmental programs and ensure the application of our safety & environmental standards for all maintenance operations
- You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM’s and updating the equipment database
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
- You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Shift work will be required
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
You assets and skills:
- Health, Safety & Environmentally conscious
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
- MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
- Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered
- In addition, candidates in a Millwright apprenticeship program will be considered based on a two-year Industrial Mechanics Diploma or equivalent
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation, relocation and benefit packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
Apply here: Career Opportunities: Maintenance Millwright, Atikokan Sawmill (5243) (successfactors.com)
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/ or http://www.atikokanchamber.com/).
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Be art of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure out viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.