Website Atikokan General Hospital
Classification: Permanent Full-time
Rate of Pay: $28.42-$39.35 (additional compensation for on-call) plus rate adjustment for management role
Department: Mental Health & Addictions
Shift/Rotation #: Monday-Friday with on-call duties approx. 1 week per month
Reference #: 2022-36
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Manager of Mental Health and Addictions Services (MHAS) of the Atikokan General Hospital is directly responsible for the day-to-day operation of MHAS and the Transition House. This position also provides direct clinical counseling services. The Manager of MHAS is a member of the management team and reports directly to the CEO.
- Active registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Counselling
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree preferred
- At least 5 years relevant clinical experience
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- At least 2 years of managerial experience preferably in similar fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including but not limited to use of Microsoft Office Suite and other electronic tools
- Experience in policy development and implementation
- The Community Counselling Manager must have a comprehensive understanding of the following: Mental Illnesses; Client Safety; Fundamentals of alcohol, other drugs and gambling; Aging Issues; Concurrent Disorders; Psychotropic Medications; Family Systems; Trauma: Stress; Co-Dependency; Relapse Prevention; Empowerment Model; 12-Step Model; Stages of Change; The Addiction Cycle; Harm Reduction Model; General Management Principles; General Supervisory Principles
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination
Apply with resume and cover letter – quoting the reference number – in confidence to
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Atikokan General Hospital, 120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Fax: (807) 597-1210
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the above contact information.
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a work force reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit aghospital.on.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.