Website Atikokan General Hospital
Reference # 2024-05
Working under the supervision of the Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), and reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) is responsible for performing a limited range of routine tests on patients and clinical specimens, following Hospital/Laboratory policy and procedures. The MLA will perform phlebotomy, accessioning in the computer, clerical duties, even monitor recordings, and other duties as assigned by the MLT or the Laboratory Manager.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- Certified by a college recognized by the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO), the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS) or the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
- Knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Quality Management systems, and of IQMH Lab Accreditation requirements, is an asset. Training will be provided.
- Understanding of equipment calibration and maintenance protocols is an asset. Training will be provided.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of infection control practices and procedures, as well as applicable legislation and regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated competency in record keeping.
- Mandatory COIVD-19 vaccinations (3 doses).
NOTE: Applicants who require accommodations in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources for support using the contact information below.
Apply with resume and cover letter in confidence – quoting the reference number.
POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Atikokan General Hospital
120 Dorothy Street
Atikokan, ON P0T1C0
Atikokan General Hospital is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building to building a workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.