Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5611 – Posted 07/29/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Position: Metallurgical Technician
Schedule: 5/2 & 4/3 – 9 hour days
Position Reports To: Senior Metallurgist
Reporting to the Senior Metallurgist, the metallurgical technician will perform their duties as a member of the metallurgy team in the process plant and work together with other departments of the company
- Perform best practices and comply with all metallurgy procedures that are specific to the department
- Perform lab test work, sampling on all process plant circuits, equipment follow up, reagent follow up
- Work in a safe and responsible manner
- Responsible for the metallurgical lab, tools, equipment, procedures and test work
- Assist refiner during electrowinning cell cleaning, gold pours and crucible change out
- Assist refiner during refiner housekeeping
- Prepare and perform metallurgical and refinery procedures
- Inspect process plant automatic samplers
- Clean knelson bowls
- Assist and perform specific process plant surveys
- Create work orders for the metallurgy team
- Ensure effective information is transferred to all team members
- Executing on laboratory methods and techniques for mineral processing test work
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities
- Maintain good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems – particularly Excel
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment Policies & Procedures are adhered to
- Attend Pre-shift Toolbox Meetings and Monthly Safety Meetings
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
- Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement in developing best practices and SOP;s to minimize risks
- 1-2 years experience in process plant operations
- College diploma in metallurgy, mineral processing or equivalent
- Eligibility to obtain security clearance to work and access the refinery
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Employment is subject to successfully completing New Gold’s pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health and Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package provided if necessary
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.