Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P0T1C0
Department: Sawmill (SM00)
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sawmill Manager, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sawmill Manager, Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sawmill Manager for our Atikokan wood products, sawmill, kiln and planer in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will manage a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of the new facility.
The Sawmill Manager reports to the General Manager, Ontario Sawmills. The Sawmill Manager is directly responsible for the Atikokan manfacturing operations that will include all aspects of the business from the safety of all the employees to the business performance, including administration and labour relations.
- Ensure application of the highest Safety & Environmental standards to achieve superior health, safety & environmental results
- Leadership that results in an effective and positive operation and employee collaboration and ownership of results
- Institute and maintain progressive employee training and development programs and a succession plan for the Atikokan operation
- Manage all labour relations, manpower and scheduling requirements
- Maintain progressive implementation of the appropriate work systems, and service and supply contracts
- Develop yearly and five-year capital and operating plans for operations
- Oversee budgets to ensure good cost control and decision making
- Maintain continuous improvement programs and maintenance systems to maximize performance in business KPIs
- Optimize product values through coordination between lumber sales and sawmill and planer operations for best product strategy and product distribution
- Ensure optimal quality and fiber recovery through process optimization and quality control
- Ensure product quality (lumber, chips, bark, sawdust and shavings) meets customer needs and lumber grade standards
- Ensure environmental compliance and application of ISO-14001 processes
- Effective communication between business units, employees, customers and the community
- Enforcement and support of corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain security of assets
- Reporting to the General Manager Ontario Sawmills, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are motivated to exceed expectations
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma
- A minimum of ten years of equivalent experience in forest products manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles in a manufacturing setting
Your assets and skills:
- Health, Safety & Environmentally conscious
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year from the first day of work, depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work environment based on respect, inclusion and diversity
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Ontario Woodlands is located at 2001 Neebing Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.