Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
- Work in compliance with OHSA and Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all applicable legislation
- Work in compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures
- Follow MTCU compliance and guidelines
- Train co-workers/peer trainers in response to management requests
- Fill in as a relief control room or floor supervisor
- Ensure trainees (staff and hourly) are able to perform the task(s) and are competent against the appropriate module
- Complete and retain all pertinent documentation required
- Manage and audit appropriate aspects of training department
- Develop lesson plans for use throughout the mill
- Update and develop Mill SOPs to ensure they are current
- Maintain and promote 100% commitment to Safety in all daily activities
- Milling experience minimum 8 years with supporting MTCU modules
- Supervisory Common Core an asset
- Comfortable presenting in a group setting (weekly site indoctrinations)
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Possess Train the Trainer certification. Advanced Train the Trainer considered an asset
- Aptitude for creating and maintaining a good work atmosphere and motivating employees
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your of duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank al applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.