Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5984 – Posted 01/10/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: 7X7 – 12 hours per day (14X14 if the candidate is FIFO)
Position Reports To: Mill Mechanical Supervisor
Under the general direction from the Mill Mechanical Supervisor perform mechanical maintenance and repair activities on fixed plant equipment for a gold production facility comprising:
- Belt conveyance systems and apron feeders
- SAG mill, ball mill, and hydro cyclone classification systems
- Leach tanks and agitators
- Carbon in Pulp (CIP) tanks and agitators
- Linear screens
- Reagent mixing and distribution systems
- Slurry and water pumping and piping
- Compressed air and water utility systems
- Laboratory facilities
All assigned tasks to be executed in the pursuit of excellence in asset and process reliability, maintenance management, and process optimization.
- Ensure compliance with all New Gold, provincial, and federal policies related to health, safety and the environment are followed during the execution of all maintenance and repair activities
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and proactive maintenance tasks
- Perform repairs in response to equipment breakdown and process interruptions
- Perform troubleshooting of process and equipment deficiencies
- Provide thorough feedback to Maintenance Planning personnel through documentation of assigned work orders
- Collaborate with Supervision and Maintenance Planning personnel to continually optimize maintenance processes and procedures
- Red Seal millwright designation or equivalent. Multiple journeyman trade designations would be looked upon favourably
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience working in an industrial maintenance role in an operating plant
- Previous experience on industrial plant construction, commissioning, and start-up would be an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while delivering superior results
- A demonstrated ability to take proactive corrective action to remedy an asset or process deficiency
- Previous experience in a leadership role would be an asset
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of moderate complexity
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings, and manuals related to the plant and the assets being maintained
- A demonstrated commitment to operational excellence and continuous improvement in assigned roles and responsibilities
- A demonstrated commitment to health and safety and to environmental protection
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employement placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.