Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting directly to the underground Mine Manager and General Foremen, with an indirect report to the General Manager, on a 4/3 rotation, the Underground Mine Clerk’s responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal; active listening skills
- Enter data and produce reports relating to production for site-wide distribution
- Produce end of month reporting statistics on safety, maintenance and production
- Provide EA support to the General Manager on an as needed basis
- Perform general administrative duties as required
- Support the Joint Health, Environment and Safety Committee Program
- Enter timecard data to ensure timely approvals for payroll
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a fast-paced environment, taking requests from many people at varying levels of authority
- Effective problem-solving and leadership skills
- Be proactive with the ability to work independently and being highly motivated
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- Minimum Grade 12 education, or GED
- Minimum 2 years of clerical/administration experience
- Advanced computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
- Basic understanding of mining terminology and processes an asset
- Demonstrated client service orientation, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team of professionals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Highly detail-oriented, and able to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work with a diverse mix of cultures
- Ability to accurately multi-task in a high-paced environment
- Maintain a positive attitude
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. For a limited time, we are also offering a retention bonus for new hires. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off-duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that al job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.