Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5892 – Posted 11/07/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65km northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: Shift 7/7 – 12-hour days – 6am/pm – 6pm/am
Contract: Temporary 3 Months
Position Reports To: Senior Mine Supervisor
Reporting to the Senior Mine Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for fueling the mining equipment. This role is a temporary 3-month contract with potential to go permanent. This role work from 6am/pm – 6pm/am and requires the successful candidate to drive their personal vehicle to and from site.
- Fueling mining equipment in a safe and orderly fashion
- Operate fuel trucks, adhering to all safety protocols
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a clean and orderly manner
- Washing mining equipment and components as directed
- must have minimum of class G2 license
- Must be willing to drive themselves to and from site
- Previous experience fueling vehicles or heavy equipment considered an asset
- Experience in operating commercial size fuel truck an asset
- Experience working around large heavy equipment considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow Safety Operating Practices
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to demonstrate safety procedures is essential in this role
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and signage
- Ability to think and act devisively
- Ability to perform physical labour
- Ability to work independently
- Exposure to unpleasant weather-related conditions such as cold, heat, rain, and snow
- Exposure to different work schedules including night shifts
- Work involved highly repetitive tasks including lifting
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected factors. Disability0related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.