Website Greenstone Gold Mines
Greenstone Gold Mines L.P. is a 60/40 joint venture partnership between Equinox Gold and Orion Mine Finance Group formed for the purpose of the joint ownership and development of the Greenstone Gold Property including the Greenstone Mine located on a historical mine site in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario. The Greenstone Mine is managed directly by a dynamic and experienced Owner’s team, with an estimated $1.5 Billion investment over the three-year construction and commissioning phase, and a 14-year operating life of mine.
Greenstone Mine is seeking a Mining Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team. Reporting to the Mine Engineering Superintendent, the Mining EIT is responsible for supporting short-range mine planning, drill & blast engineering, and survey of the open pit, which is currently in the early phases of mining.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies and regulations at all times.
- Plan out and design drill & blast patterns in Deswik. OPDB and ViewShot3D.
- Monitor the progress and quality of drilling, charging, blasting, overburden stripping, excavation, and preparatory field work.
- Perform field inspections, blast access control, and blast filming using a flying drone.
- Document and evaluate the results of blasts.
- Assist the short-range planning engineer in the daily planning meetings and the weekly update of 2-week mine plan in Deswik.IS
- Assist the survey group in collecting, processing, and the presentation of survey data.
- Design mine structures such as haul road, pits, and stockpiles.
- Coordinate and communicate between the engineering group and the operations group to transmit information plans, and reports.
- Follow proper document control to ensure information is organized and readily accessible.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize a variety of work tasks.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering
- Preference given to candidates with previous work experience at an operating mine site.
- Open-pit or gold mining an asset
- Experience in drill & blast design and short range min planning an asset
- Proficiency with mining CAD software, Deswik preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excel, Work, Outlook, SharePoint
- Access, or other database software an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- This position is on rotation based in Geraldton, Ontario.
Greenstone Mine provides company transportation from multiple pick-up point locations.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Greenstone Gold Mines is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.equinoxgold.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.