Website New Gold
Requisition ID 6129 – Posted 03/16/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, couple with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: Shift 14/14 – 12 hour days
Position Reports To: Mobile Maintenance Superintendent
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Project and Reliability Superintendent, the successful applicant will be overseeing and developing the predictive/preventative maintenance program.
- Be the campion of reliability centered maintenance activities, utilizing world class, professional manufacturing techniques to drive equipment reliabilities to the highest possible levels
- Oversee the predictive/preventative Maintenance program. This includes development of the program including failure analysis and CMMS; successful implementation including teaching others and monitoring to ensure the program is continuously improved
- Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability
- Performing defect elimination: failure analysis and leading corrective actions
- Creating asset strategies: developing processes to prevent and predict equipment failures using operating, maintenance and condition monitoring techniques
- Develop and lead the condition based monitoring program – Vibration Analysis, Ultrasonic, Infrared, Lubrication and related preventative/predictive technologies
- Plan and schedule mechanical integrity inspections. Requires prioritization of assets, risk based assessments, recommending remedial actions, and organizing third party inspections if required
- Work with capital to incorporate appropriate reliability improvements in to a new equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, training and safety improvements
- Experience developing and using plant maintenance CMMS programs, SAP preferred
- Expected to have 5+ years’ experience in similar roles and knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines
- Engineering degree, majoring in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Systems a definite asset
- 3-5 years of experience; training in Reliability Engineering, condition based monitoring techniques, root cause analysis, lubrication excellence, mechanical integrity are assets
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Visio, MS Project, quantitative risk analysis would beneficial
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be extremely organized, have good interpersonal skills, be cooperative and able to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Employment is subject to successfully completing New Gold’s pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Camp & Travel Allowance provided depending on residence
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Career Opportunities: Mobile Maintenance Reliability Specialist (6129) (sapsf.com)
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.