$68,000 – $78, 000
Monday to Friday
Operations Manager – Popup store locations
Company: Rocket Fireworks Inc.
Location: 4607 Hwy 6, Oshweken; 14 Advance Rd. Etobicoke; and work from home.
Job Type: Full-time
Rocket.ca is a leading player in the fireworks industry, known for our commitment to quality, safety, and innovation. With a rich history spanning over 15 years, we have earned a reputation for outstanding products, service and pricing.
As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a dedicated and experience Operations Manager to fulfill the following key roles:
- Manage, organize and grow our Seasonal Pop-Up Store division, with the goal of increasing retail sales, optimizing existing systems and training and supervising staff.
- Administer inventory control on a day-to-day basis, ensuring proactive movement and accurate tracking of products between warehouse and retail locations.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our Seasonal Popup operation, implementing strategies to drive profitability and efficiency during this highly focused sales periods. The goal is to ensure that operations are conducted with a high degree of precision, organization and task achievement.
You will be responsible for supervising the work of others, for coaching and resolving issues and serving as a link between your unit and upper management. Outside of peak season, you will oversee day-to-day warehouse operation, distribution, logistics and inventory control. We are seeking an exceptional leader with a proven track record of managing operations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the rollout of popup locations, including setup, logistics and labour.
- Set goals for performance and task completion in compliance with the company’s plans and vision for success.
- Hire and train seasonal staff. Organize workflow, lead and inspire a team of dedicated employees who clearly understand their duties and delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity, providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to develop and execute promotional campaigns that boost sales and brand visibility at seasonal at seasonal locations.
- Coordinate logistics and supply chain management, ensuring the timely delivery and distribution of fireworks products from warehouse to retail locations.
- Report on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personal issues to upper management.
- Propose strategies for inventory control to reduce excess stock while guaranteeing product availability for peak seasons.
- Maximize efficiency of warehouse product handling and storage, including the monitoring of tools, equipment or machinery for upkeep or repair.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by clearly communicating company standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulations.
- Conduct regular staff evaluations, providing rewards or promotion based on performance.
Operations Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and guide a team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal ability
- Organizational and logistics skills
- Proactive critical thinking
- Problem solving
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Degree in Business Administration logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Proven experience in operations management, ideally in fireworks, a related industry or seasonal retail stores/multi location popups.
- Product and inventory management certification a plus.
- Proficiency in inventory control, supply chain management, and procurement.
- A track record of process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Budgeting and project planning experience.
- Experience with warehouse equipment is a plus.
How to Apply:
If you are a dynamic and experienced professional looking to make a significant impact in the fireworks industry, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and relevant experience by replying directly to this ad on the Indeed or LinkedIn platform. Please include “Operations Manager Application” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Rocket.ca is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Rocket.ca thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,000.00-$78,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate: Oshweken, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocated before starting work (required)
Application question(s): If interviewed, are you able to provide work references upon request?
Education: DCS/DEC (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oshweken, ON
Application deadline: 2023-11-30
Expected start date: 2024-01-08
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.