Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. At LDI we employ over 800 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the Projects Controls Coordinator will be responsible for evaluating performance metrics, report on current state and 4estimate future cost and spend position of the project. The successful candidate will also identify and report on variances to enable project leads to implement mitigating action throughout the project lifecycle. Also manage the WBS, linking together scope, schedule and cost associated with the project. This role will be based at Impala Canada’s Lac des Iles mine and will follow a 4 day on (Monday to Thursday) or (Tuesday to Friday)/3 day off work schedule.
The ideal candidate have five years mine experience, and knowledge of mill and site operations, and a knowledge of project management best practices.
- Monitor, track and reconcile construction costs; spend versus forecast for pre-construction, as well assist as required to resolve variances
- Assist in the4 preparation of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE), Project Change Requests and monthly/quarterly reports
- Establish and Manage project cost planning based on WBS for all capital, operating and de-commissioning projects
- Assist in the preparation of the estimates of ongoing cost throughout the project lifecycle in conjunction with the projects lead
- Review project commitments and cost and ensure proper coding to WBS, tracking expenditures from requisitions, purchase orders, accruals, invoices and payments
- Assemble scope document an prepare requests for quotations for review/approval by Project Coordinators
- Support development of project cast and spend schedules, as well as budgets with ongoing monitoring and period reporting of variances, assisting in resolving discrepancies with Project Coordinators
- Prepare detailed project cost control reports for each project, provide status updates monthly, and participate in monthly forecast meetings
- Enter and track project specific requisitions/releases
- Conduct appropriate month end accounting (accruals)
- Maintain cost and cash forecasts
- Work with Project Leader and Project Engineer to set-up and maintain engineering and vendor drawings and registers
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering or post-secondary Business education with 5 years’ experience in an equivalent role
- PMP Designation would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of earned value management
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong report writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem – solving and decision-making abilities, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Prior mining or other extractive industry experience is an asset
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Valid G Drivers License
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.