Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P0T 1C0
Department: Sawmill (SM00)
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Quality Control & Optimization Supervisor, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Quality Control (QC) & Optimization Supervisor for our Atikokan wood products operation located in Northwest Ontario outside the community of Atikokan, Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
In this role you will report directly to the Sawmill General Superintendent and is directly responsible to ensure the plant’s mechanical and process control optimization systems are in place and adequately maintained to ensure a consistent product is manufactured that meets and exceeds our quality standards. You will maximize product value and resource utilization through effective use of technology.
What you gain by working with us:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus incentive plan
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year; depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- A personal and family assistance program
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation assistance to the community of Atikokan
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Comply with our health, safety and environmental standards
- Develop, recommend, implement, and evaluate performance improvements through quality assurance and quality control procedures and standards to ensure accurate and relevant information on log processing and lumber manufacturing quality, size, species, and sawmill conversion factors
- Supervise and ensure compliance with work specifications, regulatory and quality standards
- Facilitate technology transfer and support mills with troubleshooting and achieving optimum processes, performance, and higher product quality
- Inspect and audit processes, equipment manufacturing processes, material, and product quality
- Perform studies to ensure the overall reliability and capacity of the mills through product quality standards, equipment specific specifications and requirements compliance
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities mechanical & electrical)
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Autocad, MS Word and Excel
- Formal PLC training with a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- NLGA Valid grading license
- Good understanding of sawmill and planer mill equipment and issues within the wood products industry demonstrated progression in leadership roles
- Your uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You are interested in the industrial environment and are resourceful
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, and ability to explain and influence
- Team player, professional and with excellent attentive listening
- Ability to develop and maintain good business relationships with employees
- Ability to adapt, organize and implement best business practices
- Autonomous, motivated, persevere and oriented towards the excellence of the results
- Reporting to the Sawmill/Planer Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations
To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, ON which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit http://atikokaninfo.com/).
The Atikokan region has many attractions:
- Admire the landscape for miles and discover the pleasures of gold, canoe/kayaking/boating, hiking, hunting, fishing, skiing, or snowmobiling
- Little Falls Scenic Lookout; enjoy the view and feel the spray of the falls
- Quetico Provincial Park renowned for its rugged beauty, towering rock cliffs, majestic waterfalls, picturesque rivers and lakes
- Charleson Recreation Area: This area is great for riding, skiing, and biking
- Atikokan Bass Classic fishing tournament
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.