Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5822 – Posted 09/23/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
About the Role
Position Reports To: Senior Environmental Specialist
As a member of the New Gold Rainy River team, the Quality Controller demonstrates commitment and compliance with company Health & Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility policies and procedures. The Quality Controller also takes action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviours do no occur. The Quality Controller is responsible for the overall integrity of the Rainy River Environmental Management System to ensure that the quality of the core function of the Environment Department (i.e. permit management is not compromised over the Life of Mine.
- Inspect tasks and associated activities across all discipline specific and Departmental Management Plans
- Identify risks and recommend appropriate preventative corrective measures
- Document and record control and storage
- Compliance database management and update
- Internal audits
- Provide strategic advice regarding control of regulatory requirements
- Identify information gaps and make recommendations to address gaps
- Conduct compliance assessments
- Communications with management plan owners and discipline specialist to resolve integrity and compliance issues
- Coordinate data management as well as audits with relevant departments
- Coordinate second-and-third party auditing and certification service providers as required
- Degree or diploma in environmental management or related discipline
- 3+ years demonstrated environmental management experience
- Demonstratable experience with Environmental Management Systems within a mining or industrial setting
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Knowledgeable user of EQuIS and Intelex preferred
- Good understanding of mining and milling processes and their environmental effects
- Possess valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Self-starter who can anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both orally and written
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation Package
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.