Website West Fraser
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition Number: ENGIN010909
Posted: August 4, 2023
Barwick, ON P0W1A0, CAN
Travel Required: No
Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the Reliability Engineer will be responsible for guiding efforts to ensure the reliability and maintainability of the assets of our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) Mill. The Reliability Engineer is an integral part of our maintenance team and is focused on improving the uptime of the plant and improving efficiency of the machinery and processes. This position also helps drive new ideas, systems, operational excellence, and continuous improvement across the site.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Development and refinement of the preventive/Predictive maintenance program.
- Coordination with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler/Coordinator ensuring correct PM activities are scheduled and performed when due.
- Specify and develop standard repair techniques for major repetitive failures
- Ensure responsible personnel are trained in carrying out the Preventive/Predictive programs
- Analyze equipment histories to identify
- Regularly review downtime reports and equipment histories to identify solutions for reoccurring maintenance problems
- Lead or provide technical support for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations
- Works with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler/Coordinators, as necessary, to develop job scopes for major unique jobs
- Apply value analysis to make maintenance decisions, i.e. repair/replace and repair/redesign
- Identify potential cost reductions through extended parts life, reduced labour cost, and other part-related improvement techniques
- Participates in the review phase of design of capital additions and changes in plant layout to ensure full maintainability of equipment, utilities, and facilities
- Participates in regular safety activities with the mindset all accidents are preventable
- As the ideal candidate you will be a Mechanical Engineering Technologist with industrial experience. New grads are also encouraged to apply
- Strong problem-solving skills, a creative approach to new ideas, an excellent grasp of engineering and design principles, an understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods, and an awareness of the environmental impact of design ideas
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, the Barwick Mill is located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border. We are 45 Kilometers west of Fort Frances, Ontario and situated half-way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The lifestyle of the Rainy River District embraces outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country. Our communities are affordable, family friendly, safe, and prioritize a genuine work/life balance.
About West Fraser:
West Fraser is a leading forest products company. We are listed on the TSX, NYSE, and recognized for the eighth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States, and Europe.
We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities! Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca. Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.