Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Norther Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
LDI mine is looking for a motivated individual to join our Reliability Team. Reporting to the Planning/Reliability General Foreman, you will work a 4 on 3 off schedule at the Lac des Iles Mine site.
The MLT (Machinery Lubrication Technician Level 1) position is responsible for equipment lubrication, contamination control, inspection and proactive maintenance activities for all lubricated mechanical systems.
A description of the general activities may include:
- Coordination of inventory and routine ordering of products
- Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions
- Operating filtration equipment
- Grease lubrication with ultrasonic, manual and automatic dispensing equipment
- Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems
- Labelling and tagging reservoirs, equipment, inventory and delivery containers
- Printing and fulfilling planned lubrication activities
- Update scheduling systems, including adding notes to system and requesting work orders for maintenance repairs and activities
- Perform field level oil analysis, including: Crackle, Viscosity, Demulsibility and Blotter Test
- Manage the lubrication and oil sampling program, report as required and generate corrective identified from P
The MLT Level 1 position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills and good team building skills
- Capability to work in an unsupervised position effectively
- Capability to read and interpret technical documents, such as OEM Maintenance plans, blue prints, advanced Lubrication Technology instruction and recommendations
- Capability operate moderately complex software and web based programs for lubrication scheduling and oil analysis functions
- Understanding of fundamental lubrication concepts and application of these concept (such as Viscosity, NLGI#’s, V.I., AW, EP, R&O, ISO Cleanliness Codes, Beta Filter Rating, etc.)
- ICML – MLT Level 1 Certification (within 180 days of placement)
- Have a strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions
- Should be qualified to operate lifting equipment (Fork Truck, Skip Hoist, Etc.)
- Should be qualified to perform lockout-tag out procedures
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.