Website Resolute Forest Profucts
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sawmill Maintenance Superintendent, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sawmill Maintenance Superintendent, Atikokan Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sawmill Maintenance Superintendent. The Atikokan Sawmill is one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America and is located at Sapawe, Ontario.
In this role, you will manage a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists at the new Atikokan operation and provide interface to our sales and logistics teams.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for sawmill operations
- Provide leadership, technical support and coaching trade personnel and peers while developing and maintaining positive employee relations
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel to plan, schedule and supervise maintenance and capital work as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM’s, and updating the equipment database
- Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
- Supervise repairs/projects carried out by sub-contractors and ensure quality of work and adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups
- Plan and control expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department
- Verify the availability of parts, materials and special tools required for execution
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health and Safety of the maintenance employees and site contractors
- Reporting to the Manger, Atikokan Operations, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encourage to exceed expectations
- Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Technologist, Trades certification or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years of equivalent experience in related industrial environment
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
Your assets and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written); bilingualism an asset
- Ability to assume responsibility, manage multiple priorities and collaboratively drive issues to closure
- Ability to make appropriate decisions rapidly on the basis of experience and judgement even when you have incomplete information and/or you are under pressure
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office and solid computer skills
What we are Offering:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year from the first day of work, depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work environment based on respect, inclusion and diversity correct
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and relocation packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit Home – Experience Atikokan (atikokaninfo.com))
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every on of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together, We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.