Website Resolute Forest Products
Requisition ID 16646 – Posted 05/18/2022 – Atikokan Sawmill (OATS) – Operations – Salaried – permanent – full-time – Canada – Ontario
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sawmill Supervisor, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Sawmill Supervisor. The Atikokan sawmill is one of the most technologically advanced sawmill and planer operations in North America and is located at Sapawe, Ontario.
The Sawmill Supervisor reports to the sawmill superintendent, and is directly responsible to provide shift supervision and coordination of maintenance activities as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities. This key role will assist with the efficient, safe lumber manufacture, and related scheduling logistics with the assigned workforce.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for sawmill and yard operations
- Oversee production sector by maximizing the use of materials, personnel and equipment to meet or exceed production goals, quality and financial performance (monitoring and cost reduction)
- Supervise, direct and guide employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet their needs for training in their job, health and safety and the environment
- Work with supervisors of maintenance to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities
- Ensure product quality meets customer requirements by performing the required inspections, and working with Quality Control and Optimization to develop programs
- Identify, recommend and/or implement changes to improve production procedures of the Company, and with all applicable laws relating to health and safety and the ISO-14001 processes
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports; production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years equivalent experience
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
Your assets and skills:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year from the first day of work, depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work environment based on respect, inclusion and diversity correct
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our new Atikokan Sawmill is located at Sapawe, On which is located 30km east of Atikokan. The community of Atikokan is located 2 hours west of Thunder Bay, ON and 2 hours east of Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, US (for more information about the region, please visit Home – Experience Atikokan (atikokaninfo.com))
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of the dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and carious other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Com take part of our history and be part of the change!
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.