Website Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
About Arctic Canadian Diamond Company
Arctic Canadian is a Canadian mining company and a significant producer and supplier of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns and operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, located in Canada’s Northwest Territories. In addition to its mining and exploration operations, Arctic Canadian has offices in Canada and Belgium.
As a member of the Mine Technical Services (MTS) team, the Senior Engineer, Mining will report to the Team, Leaser, Mine Technical Services and work two (2) weeks on, two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site (day shifts only). The successful candidate will become a valued member of the MTS team and the primary point of contact between MTS and the Misery Underground Team.
- Demonstrating Felt Safety Leadership as part of your daily work
- Carrying out all duties in accordance with the corporate charter and values
- Creating life of mine, 12-week, and weekly mine plans including documentation of assumptions, sensitivities, risks, opportunities and recommendations
- Facilitating weekly and monthly meetings to communicate the mine plan to key stakeholders
- Developing risk assessed and optimized underground mine designs including ramps, raises and electrical, dewatering and other services infrastructure
- Providing ventilation engineering support including simulations and network designs
- Completing regular field trips to assess compliance to plan and adherence to safety standards
- Completing month end actuals and corporate reporting as required
- Planning underground mine reclamation
- Establishing or assisting in development of JHA’s and SOP’s
- Providing coaching and mentorship to junior staff members
- Providing technical guidance to underground surveyors, mining technicians, and drill & blast engineers
- Filing an acting role for underground mine superintendent in the vent of their absence
- Maintaining and fostering company – contractor relations
- Willingness to become a member of the mine rescue team highly desirable
- Degree in Mining Engineering complimented with 7+ years of mining engineering experience at an underground operation. Time spent in a supervisory or mentorship role a plus. Registration as a P. Eng within Canada (preferably Northwest Territories)
- Underground supervisor level 2 certificate or equivalent
- Mine rescue team experience
- Proven experience in multiple areas including but not limited to mine design, scheduling, ventilation design, and drill & blast
- Proficiency with relevant software programs (i.e., MS Office Suite, Ventsim, AutoCAD, Deswik, or Vulcan etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of general mining safety requirements and procedures
- Proven time management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity
- Class 5 drivers’ license is required
- Experience working in the mining industry, northern Canada, and an understanding of the northern regulatory environment is preferred
What we offer
At Arctic, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Arctic offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities.
Arctic provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.arcticcanadian.ca to apply and to learn more about Arctic’s operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job please visit arcticcanadian.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.